“I saw that every prayer which is sent up in faith from an honest heart will be heard of God and answered, and the one that sent up the petition will have the blessing when he needs it most, and it will often exceed his expectations. Not a prayer of a true saint is lost if sent up in faith from an honest heart” (Testimony Treasures, Volume 1, page 22).
It is with promises like this in mind that we would like to share with you this devotional prayer guide that is designed to help you seek, hear, and feel God through prayer.
1) Individual: Devotional Prayer Guide
This workbook is meant to bring inspiration to you as a part of this movement of transformation through prayer. However, we do not merely want to learn more about the subject, but to see the reality of prayer in the lives of those who join this movement. For this reason, we offer the following suggestions:
- Reading Plan: It is recommended to read a portion of the Bible for the next 50 days. Choose the reading plan according to your preferences.
- Moment of Transformation: A suggestive prayer list is presented. Driving the intercessor to seek for himself, for God’s work, for others and for the prayer requests registered in the Transformation Journal.
- Devotional: Reflections about prayer and prayer heroes by Ellen White were selected for personal devotion.
- Quote of the Day: Phrases and thoughts about the prayer, by people who are exponents in prayer, are presented in Quote of the Day.
- Did You Know? In this part, you will find curiosities and biblical truths related to prayer.
- Going Deeper: Every day you will be led to a deeper study on prayer.
- Question: A brief question that aims to help you grow in your relationship with God through prayer.
- Homework: Each week you will find a “Homework” assignment that challenges you to interact somehow with the five individuals/families you choose to pray for. Another weekly assignment of the 50 Days Transformed by Prayer is the memorization of a Bible verse about prayer.
2) Family: Family Worship
During this period of 50 days, we encourage each and every family to worship together once a day. We know that spirituality in the church is a reflection of spirituality in the home. Strong family, strong church. United family, united church. Spiritual family, spiritual church.
We do not intend for family worship to feel compulsory and burdensome, but rather, dynamic and lively. Therefore, we suggest a few songs for family worship. We also provide you with a daily video that presents a children story, a testimony, and a reflection.
3) Small groups: ABCs of Prayer
For the seven-week duration of the 50 Days Transformed by Prayer program, we prepared seven sessions for Small groups—ABCs of Prayer. These weekly studies are designed to promote the study of the fundamentals of prayer: Why do we need to pray? How should we pray? Are prayers answered? Prayer, deliverance, salvation; What is intercessory prayer? How to live a life of prayer; and Prayer and the Great Controversy.
Each person taking part in the 50 Days Transformed by Prayer movement should also take part in the ABCs of Prayer. Get together with friends and family to experience this aspect of the program.
4) Community: Church
Churches that adopt the 50 Days Transformed by Prayer program will also promote activities that encourage prayer. Sermons, prayer meetings, fasting times, and prayer walks are but some of many activities churches or individuals may choose.
It is our desire that the habit of praying you will nurture during this period of time will become part of your personal journey with Christ until His second coming. Remember that “at the sound of fervent prayer, Satan’s whole host trembles” (Ellen G. White, Testimonies for the Church 1, p. 346).