James C. Hefley tries to describe a singular character in the history of the world! Do you know Him? Can you recognize Him?
“Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the Child of a peasant woman. He worked in a carpenter shop until He was thirty, and then for three years He was an itinerant preacher. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never owned a home. He never had a family. He never went to college. He never put His foot inside a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place where He was born. He never did one of the things that usually accompany greatness. He had no credentials but Himself. He had nothing to do with this world except the naked power of His Divine manhood. While still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against Him. He was turned over to His enemies. He went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed to a Cross between two thieves. His executioners gambled for the only piece of property He had on earth while He was dying—and that was His coat. When He was dead He was taken down and laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend. Such was His human life—He rises from the dead. Nineteen wide centuries have come and gone and today He is the Centerpiece of the human race and the Leader of the column of progress. I am within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched, and all the navies that ever were built, and all the parliaments that ever sat, and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as has that One Solitary Life.”
Jesus Christ changed the history of humanity and can transform your story, your life! All you need to do is be exposed to Him!
With this in mind, I am pleased to present you the spiritual journey, 50 Days Transformed by Christ.
Our goal with this journey is to: Know, Experience and Be Transformed by Christ.
You have in your hands a workbook that aims to facilitate you to have an intimate experience with Christ. Here you will find for each day of the 50 Days:
- Reading Plan: It is recommended to read a Bible portion of the life of Christ.
- Moment of Transformation: A suggestive prayer list is presented. Driving the intercessor to seek for himself, for God’s work, for others and for the prayer requests registered in the Transformation Journal.
- Devotional: Reflections about Christ and His ministry written by Ellen White were selected for personal devotion.
- Quote of the Day: Phrases and thoughts about the person of Jesus, by people who are exponents of Christ, are presented in Quote of the Day.
- Did You Know? In this part you will find curiosities and biblical truths related to Christ and His ministry.
- Going Deeper: Every day you will be led to a deeper study of the Second Person of the Godhead.
- Question: A brief question that aims to help you grow in the knowledge of Christ.
- Homework: Each week you will find a “Homework” assignment that challenges you to interact somehow with the five individuals/families you choose to pray for. Another weekly assignment of the 50 Days Transformed by Christ is the memorization of a Bible verse about Christ.
In order to help you in your Transformational Journey during the 50 Days, you will find a few pages at the end of this workbook to be used as a Transformational Journal. I encourage each of you to keep an organized record of the things you pray for, and how and when God answers them. List things you feel prompted to pray for and requests from family and friends.
Another important element of this project is the intercessory prayer for five specific individuals or families that are around you and haven’t accepted the 3 Angels’ Message yet. Boldly ask God to impress on you five individuals/ families that He would like you to especially pray for on this journey.
This workbook on the person of Christ has features for 50 days of your journey. But we pray that the habits formed during this period become something that will last until the coming of Christ Jesus.
Never forget, “Our lives gradually become brighter and more beautiful as Jesus enters our lives and we become like Him.”